Friday 17 August 2012

O.O.T.D: Casual Friday


Here's a super simple outfit from today.  I have been getting my house in order lately, gearing up to have friends come stay with me this weekend.  My roommate also moved out a couple weeks ago, and that always leaves such an odd gap in decor in the house.  So, I've been trying to fill in those empty spots, rethink some rooms, and also do the boring necessary cleaning - the trash bag, gloves and a mop kind.  So this week I've been wearing lots of denim, t-shits, and stuff I'm generally not too precious about, so I can keep my mind on the task at hand!


I bought 2 pairs of these capris at the start of the summer.  Honestly, I'm not sure why I bought them, I'm really not a capri person.  I do love the sateen finish, colours and the rise/fit, but the length is something I'm still not that comfortable with.  I figure I'll hold onto them, and maybe convert them into shorts next summer to squeeze all the life out of them that I can!

The belt I picked up at the church peach festival last weekend.  I just loved the vibrant blue, and the elastic on it is adjustable which I think is great, so I can wear it at my natural waist or a bit below that with great comfort.  Plus, the butterfly clasp.  I mean, come on, guys.  Come on.

The Deets:
Capris: Target
T-shirt: Charlotte Russe
Belt: Thrifted
Custom Kicks*: Self Made 

Well, I'm off to finish preparing for a fun weekend! I'm aiming to make the Frozen Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie that A Beautiful Mess published the recipe for a while back, and I am so pumped to dig into that sucker tomorrow night! Chocolate and peanut butter is my very favourite combination.  I'll be sure to include my results in my regular weekend recap Retro Specs on Monday!

I hope you all have lovely weekends! Are you spending some time with good friends?

--Erin

* Interested in some custom painted converse? Email me and let's talk! Check out the Contact button at the top of the screen!

2 comments:

  1. WHY HAVE I NEVER SEEN THOSE PANTS BEFORE THEY ARE SO VIBRANT

    -E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought them on our last trip to Buffalo! I think maybe you've only seen me wear the black ones, though. These didn't leave the closet much this summer, but the colour is so great!!

      Tell me about the shoooooowww!!! Inquiring minds, Ephraim!

      --Erin

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love answering questions (comments, concerns, the works!) so check back sometime for a reply! :)