Elsie of A Beautiful Mess (psh, who doesn't know the Martha Stewart of the internet?) had a challenge for us all this week. She likes to write down 4 simple goals for the fall, which is also her busiest season. I've always liked the sense of renewal of fall, and as I am not returning to school this year, I thought it would be nice to embark on some projects that have been on my list for some time.
In the true spirit of the internet, Elsie extended an invitation to share your 4 simple goals and link back to A Beautiful Mess. Ah, audience participation. They'll be showcasing some people's progress as they blog about it.
Here are Elsie's "rules" for the goals:
1. Choose simple goals that will make your life richer and happier on a daily basis. Choose things you may not otherwise get done, but that are not difficult to accomplish.
2. Do not choose result oriented goals, choose activity oriented goals. for example.... instead of "lose 10 pounds", choose something like "eat fresh fruits and vegetables every day". Get what I'm saying? Positive actions instead of just the end result!
3. Choose goals that are personal that you believe will truly make your life richer just by doing them! They can be daily, weekly or one time experiences.
4. Choose a reward for each goal as it is accomplished! It can be a small or large reward- it's up to you.
5. Blog about your goals, each one as you achieve it and a big post when they are all finished before the new year! I'll be doing this too! Link back to this post if you want to and leave us links to your goal blogs in the comments of this (or any) post for a chance to be featured on ABM before the new year. We will be sharing some of our favorite reader goals with links to your blogs!
Here are my goals:
1. I've owned my leather patcher "Doris" for over a year now, and have yet to really use her for anything. Before the new year, I'd like to get a little practice and maybe make a simple bag or something with her!
2. I started this painting in highschool, and haven't touched it in about 4 years. I've always liked where it's headed, so I'd like to buckle down and get it finished.
3. Ever since I had to binge read all the plays for last season (11 plays) in one week (actually 5 days, 2 or 3 plays PER DAY, madness), I've been feeling burnt out about reading. I've always read a lot, and this slow down has been unnerving for me. 2 books isn't much, but it's better than I've been doing, and hopefully it's enough to get me out of this rut.
4. I love to make stuff. I imagine the holidays will provide a good opportunity to create something I've never tried before!
Do you have any goals you'd like to accomplish for the new year? Easy things you just keep putting off? I'm glad to be putting these goals out there, so I have a little accountability for actually completing them! Haha!