Monday 5 November 2012

Rainy Days are for Baking: Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies

We've had our fair share of rain in these parts lately.  To combat the gloom I whipped up a batch of these cookies.  t certainly did the trick, and I happened to already have all the ingredients in the house.  Hooray!

Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies (Originally from Delish)

1 1/2 cups pecans
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup + 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange nuts in single layer on baking sheet and toast in oven 5-7    minutes, until golden brown and aromatic. Cool the nuts and then coarsely chop.
2. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. 
3. Cream butter & sugars on medium speed about 1 minute, until fluffy. 
4. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat on medium speed for 1 minute. 
5.Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix on medium-low speed until incorporated. 
6. Add in nuts and chocolate chips and mix well.
7. Drop dough onto prepared baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes, until cookies are medium-brown around the edges.

I have been making an effort to cook more, and thus have decided that for the month of November, I will not be going out to restaurants (with the possible exception of my Grandfather's birthday dinner in a couple weeks).  I hope this pushes me to learn a few new recipes, and carry over the good (money saving!) habits into the coming months.  And forever.  I hope. What this means concerning this blog, is that I will be posting more recipes this month (and hopefully in general in the future!) for you to make at home and enjoy.

Or just look at the pictures.
No judgment.

Happy baking!
--Erin

3 comments:

  1. looking forward to seeing more recipes. i've been in a bit of a baking funk lately, so it may help me get my mojo working again. as for these little beauties: want.some.now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ate an embarrasingly large number of these the day I made them. A number best described as "several". The remaining cookies have been banished to the freezer so I don't eat them all before Ephraim is here and can have some!
      Odds are in the next month I will be sharing mostly entrees, but hey, I'm just playing it by ear and cooking what I feel like, so whoooo knows. I may eat cake for dinner.

      Now I want cake for dinner. Thanks a lot

      --Erin

      Delete
  2. Hi Erin, would love to bake the cookies. The recipe calls for 1 eggs, so is it 1 egg or more than one and if so how many.
    They look so good, my mouth is watering. Bub

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love answering questions (comments, concerns, the works!) so check back sometime for a reply! :)