Wednesday 6 March 2013

A Little Guest Postin': My Commencement Speech on I[s]pasiyo

Over on I[s]pasiyo, I shared my experience of finishing art school and having to become a "real person": pay my bills, find work, and make a heck of a lot of compromises.  If you aren't familiar with I[s]pasiyo, owner Denise takes the time to write really interesting, and easy to relate to (and digest) articles on personal finance.  As an artist, I know how important keeping a strict budget is, and yet personal and small business finances are often not taught to art students, even when the understanding is that these people will be self employed after graduation.  Denise has invited several bloggers to talk about how well - or not - prepared they were for the real world, and to share their advice to those who will be entering the work force, or are considering self employment (or switching fields).
You can read my article here, for a look at the highs and lows of the end of my undergraduate degree, and, not to sound too corny, the beginning of the rest of my life.
As well, don't forget to enter in my first ever giveaway! This custom embossed Leather Banner Necklace can be yours, for the low low price of absolutely free.  Check out the rules and enter here!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting about the collab piece! Sorry I didn't get to tell you about the schedule beforehand! There was a bit of trouble with the piece that was supposed to go up so I had to make impromptu changes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love answering questions (comments, concerns, the works!) so check back sometime for a reply! :)