Monday 6 May 2013

April (in RetroSpecs)





Back when I started this blog (nearly a year ago, whoa),  I had a weekend review feature called "My Weekend in Retrospecs".  Shortly thereafter it was changed to " My Month in Retrospecs", as a pun that good should only be used so frequently.  Recently I've been feeling better prepared to choose my favourite posts of the month due to a stronger posting schedule (eep, except for this week! I'm in Tech Week for a show at work, which includes some 13 hour days and has certainly meant a lot of photoshop time for me! After editing things all day, the last thing I wanted to do was edit at home) but I think that finding 5 favourite posts for the month should be doable, haha!  Plus, I think that having a monthly recap would be a nice thing to look back on.  So... I'll be better about that, starting right now.

1
2
3
4
 I'm also combining my yearly goal updates as part of the retrospecs feature.  It just seems like a good fit.  So let's see what was up with those the last 4 weeks!

  • blog 4 times a week  Hahaha.. that's all I have to say about that! Let's not worry so much about this one going forward.  
  • complete my 365 Days of iPhone Photos project
  • complete one photo-an-hour post for each month Totally on top of this one.  Editing my April photos as soon as photoshop seems... not like the only thing I ever do.
  • save my pennies and purchase a new laptop to replace the 8 year old glorified paperweight 
  • take a trip  I'm writing a grant proposal that would see me going to Calgary for a couple weeks in the fall.  It'd be for work, but, y'know, mountains, so... fingers crossed!!
  • create more, and consume less Netflix (or knit while I watch!) Been working on that dress on and off, but I've been feeling so burnt out from work as we're in tech week for a show that starts previews late this week.  So tired...
  • read 6 books (this makes me sad.  how did it come to this?!) I read the first compendium of The Walking Dead this month, which covers the first 8 trade paperback volumes.  I devoured it in a week, and I regret not buying the second compendium at the same time! I'm not sure how to count it, toward my goal of 6, however! But at over 1000 pages, calling it 2 books instead of 1 (or 8) seems fair!  I'm also working my way through Stiff, by Mary Roach.  Blog, Inc. has been put on the backburner, after hitting a couple chapters that feel below my experience, and feeling a bit discouraged as to the value of the advice given.  Not leaving it behind forever, though.
  • create an online portfolio Umm... nope.  
  • look into continuing education I looked more into doing my masters, this month.  Should I get to travel to Calgary to do some work this fall, I'm going to take the opportunity to head to Edmonton and see if the University of Alberta seems like a good fit for a place to do my masters. 
  • take my camera with me more (and invest in a serious camera bag) Still waiting for this Epiphanie bag I ordered a couple weeks ago.  I had it shipped to my work, and the USPS says it's been delivered, yet I do not have it yet... If I don't have it by the end of the day, I'm going on a hunt.  I want my bag!
  • invest more time and effort into friendships, old and new I'm too tired for other people.  Fact.
  • send 6 pieces of snail mail Or to write letters.
  • build a small business
  • exercise twice a week  I actually talked to my dad over dinner last week about weight lifting goals I'd like to achieve.  It's been a good motivator!
  • take life drawing classes
  • get a car
 **Editing this quickly to say, I just realized that my birthday is less than a week away! And though my birthday tends to bring some bad things (possible voodoo curse type territory, it's bad) I am really excited.  I'm staying in NotL this year, I mean really, nothing ever happens out here let alone anything bad! But let's not tempt fate.  Just... eee! I'm excited.**
--Erin
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love answering questions (comments, concerns, the works!) so check back sometime for a reply! :)